FIVE COVENANTS OF GOD.

FIVE COVENANTS OF GOD.

Joseph Vella. 24/03/21.

 

GOD'S COVENANT WITH NOAH:

The flood subsided, and Noah, his wife, sons, and their wives left the boat. Noah built an altar to God and offered burnt offerings of every clean beast and fowl upon it, and it pleased God. The Lord said in His Heart. I will never again curse the Earth to punish the people. They are evil from the time they are young, but I will never again destroy every living thing on Earth. (Genesis 6:18, 8:18, 20-22).

 

Genesis 9:11-13 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off (destroyed) any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

:12 And God said, This is the token (sign) of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual (Never-ending) generations:

:13 I do set my bow (rainbow) in the cloud, and it shall be for a token (sign) of a covenant between me and the earth

Isaiah 54:9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: so have I sworn that I would not be wroth (angry) with thee, nor rebuke thee.

God's Covenant with Noah is that He will not flood the Earth anymore for eternity. This is the token or sign: I will set a rainbow in the Cloud as evidence, a sign and a token between the Earth and Me.

In the same way, I promise that I will never again be angry with you and say bad things to you.

 

GOD'S BLOOD COVENANT WITH ABRAHAM:

Every Blood Covenant is Cut and Sealed by the spilling of blood.

Once a Blood Covenant is cut, it can never be broken. It is an eternal, unbreakable Covenant. To break a Blood Covenant means death to the one who breaks it.

Abram was Ninety-Nine Years old when the Covenant was made. (Genesis 17:1-2).

 

Genesis 12:1-3 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: (Genesis 28:4) (Galatians 3:14).

:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. (Genesis 26:4). Also Genesis chapters 15, 17.

 

Abraham and the Covenant of Circumcision.

God said to Abraham, walk perfect before Me, and I will make you a father of many nations and kings shall come out of you. I will establish My covenant with you and your seed after you, an everlasting covenant; I will be a God to you and your seed.

Genesis 17:1-7 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

:2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

:3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

 

Circumcision is a sign of God's Blood Covenant cut with Abraham.

Genesis 17:10-14, 17. This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token (sign) of the covenant betwixt me and you.

:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off(destroyed) from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

 

:17 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Psalms 105:8-11, Luke 1:54-55, Romans 9:8-9,

 

This is the sign or evidence of the Covenant, cut between you and Me.

Every male in your nation shall be circumcised; every male child when he is eight days old shall be circumcised. He that is born in the house, every stranger and everyone brought with money shall be circumcised.

Any male who is not circumcised has broken my Covenant; he shall be destroyed.

The Covenant that God made with Abraham was made official long before the law of Moses was given. The law of Moses came 430 years later.

 Abraham's blessings are found in Deuteronomy 28:1-14.

 

Galatians 3:15-16 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, (cast off, disannul, bring to nought, reject) or addeth thereto.

:16 Now to Abraham and his seed (Jesus) were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

 

Think About It.

The Covenant God made with Abraham - no one can annul or add to it. Think about an agreement that one person makes with another. After that agreement is made official, no one can stop it or add anything to it, and no one can ignore it.

 

God's Promise to Abraham was to be fulfilled in Christ Jesus yet to come.

Through believing and accepting Jesus, every Born-Again believer throughout the face of the Earth, from every tongue, people, and nation, is Abraham's promised child in Christ.

Abraham's promised Seed is referring to Jesus yet to be born.

Time and time again, we (believers) are called The Children Of Abraham in the Scriptures. (Galatians 3:5-9, 3:14).

 

GOD'S COVENANT WITH MOSES:

God delivered the Children of Israel from Pharaoh and camped in the wilderness of Sinai before the Mount.

Moses climbed up the mountain to meet with God. The Lord spoke to him, saying, " Tell the Children of Israel: if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be a special treasure above all people to me.

You shall be a Holy Nation and a kingdom of priests.

Moses speaks to the Children of Israel, and he told them all that the Lord had said.

Exodus 19:5-6 Now, therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

 

THEY MADE A GOLDEN CALF.

They broke the blood Covenant that God made with Abraham.

Remember, this Covenant is an unbreakable, eternal Covenant, and to break it results in death.

 

So God was going to destroy the children of Israel for breaking the Covenant by worshipping a golden calf and still make Moses a great Nation. But Moses pleaded with the Lord his God. And God relented.

Exodus 32:4, 9-11, 14.

:4Then they said, "This is your god, (the golden calf) O Israel, that brought you out of the land of Egypt!"

:9 And the LORD said to Moses, "I have seen this people, and indeed it is a stiff-necked people!

:10 Now therefore, let Me alone, that My wrath (extreme anger) may burn hot against them and I may consume(utterly destroy) them. And I will make of you a great nation."

:11 Then Moses pleaded with the LORD his God, and said: "LORD, why does Your wrath burn hot against Your people...

:14 So the LORD relented from the harm which He said He would do to His people.

 

The following are some of the Laws of the Covenant.

The Ten Commandments. Exodus 20:1-17.

Laws About Altars. Exodus 20:22-26.

Laws About Slaves, ETC. Exodus 21:1-32.

Laws About Restitution. Exodus 21:33-36, 22:1-15.

Laws About Social Justice. Exodus 22:16-31, 23:1-9.

Laws About the Sabbath and Festivals. Exodus 23:10-19.

All the people agreed to the judgments and said with one voice We will do what the Lord has said. Exodus 24:3.

Contributions for the Sanctuary. Exodus 25:1-9.

The Ark of the Covenant. Exodus 25:10-22.

The Table for Bread. Exodus 25:23-30.

The Golden Lampstand. Exodus 25:31-40.

The Tabernacle. Exodus 26:1-37.

The Bronze Altar. Exodus 27:1-8.

The Court of the Tabernacle. Exodus 27:9-19.

Oil for the Lamp. Exodus 27:20-21.

The Priest's Garments. Exodus 28:1-43.

Consecration of the Priests. Exodus 29:1-46.

FOR MORE, READ ALL EXODUS.

 

Laws for Burnt Offerings. Leviticus 1:1:17.

Laws for Grain Offerings. Leviticus 2:1-16.

Laws for Peace Offerings. Leviticus 3:1-17.

Laws for Sin Offerings. Leviticus 4:1-35, 5:1-13.

Laws for Guilt Offerings. Leviticus 5:14-19, 6:1-7.

 

Clean and Unclean Animals. Leviticus 11:1-47.

 

The Day of Atonement. Leviticus 16:1-34.

The Place of Sacrifice. Leviticus 17:1-9.

Laws Against Eating Blood. Leviticus 17:10-16.

Unlawful Sexual Relations. Leviticus 18:1:30.

FOR MORE, READ ALL LEVITICUS.

Leviticus 20:22 Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue (vomit) you not out.

 

Punishment for Disobedience

Read Leviticus 26:14-46.

26:14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;

Leviticus 26:46 These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

Curses for Disobedience. Deuteronomy 28:15-68.

 

GOD'S COVENANT WITH DAVID:

This covenant is where God promises a descendant of David will reign on the throne over the people of God. It continues the earlier covenants by promising a Davidic king as the figure through whom God would secure the promises of land, descendants, and blessing.
This covenant becomes the basis for the hope of a Messiah and makes sense of the Gospel's concern to show Jesus was the rightful King of the Jews.

 

God Promised.

Psalms 89:34 My Covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

2 Samuel 7:12-17 And "when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers", "I will set up thy seed after thee", which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and "I will establish his kingdom".

:13 He shall build "an house for my name", and "I will stablish the throne of his kingdom forever".

(Also talking about David's Seed-Jesus)

(1 Kings 2:1-2...he charged Solomon his son...).

Luke 1:32-33...and of his kingdom, there shall be no end.

"Zechariah 6:13...he shall be a priest upon his throne:".

 

2 Samuel 7:14-16 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. "If he commits iniquity", "I will chasten him with the rod of men", and "with the stripes of the children of men:" (talking about Jesus.)

2 Samuel 7:15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. (talking about Jesus.)

2 Samuel 7:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. (talking about Jesus.)

"Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:...and with his stripes we are healed." (talking about Jesus.)

Hebrews 1:5...And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. (Talking about Jesus.)

"Psalms 89:28 My mercy will I keep for him forevermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him." (Talking about Jesus.)

2 Samuel 7:14-16 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: (talking about Jesus.)

:15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. (talking about Jesus.)

:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. (talking about Jesus.)

:17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David. (talking about Jesus.)

Acts 2:30...he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. (talking about Jesus.)

Isaiah 9:6-7...upon the throne of David... (talking about Jesus.)

Luke 1:31-33...the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David. (Talking about Jesus.


GOD'S NEW BLOOD COVENANT WITH JESUS:

It promises a coming day when God would make a new covenant, unlike the one which Israel had broken. This coming day would bring forgiveness of sin, internal renewal of the heart, and intimate knowledge of God.

On the night of Jesus' Last Supper, Jesus takes the cup and declares that his death would be the inauguration of this new covenant.

 Jeremiah 31:31-34, 36. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (Also Heb 8:10-13).

:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for "I will forgive their iniquity", and "I will remember their sin no more".

:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Hebrews 8:10-13 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

 

By Faith, or by Works of the Law?

Galatians 3:1-9 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

 

Abraham's promised "Seed" is referring to Jesus yet to be born.

Once Jesus was born, died and rose from the dead, He took the keys to hell and death from the devil. Now everyone that is in Christ Jesus (Born-Again) is the promised seed of Abraham. Know that the true children of Abraham are those who are of faith.

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

 

The Righteous Shall Live by Faith

Galatians 3:10-14 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

 

The Law and the Promise

Galatians 3:15-29 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

:27 For as many of you as have been baptised into Christ have put on Christ.

:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I pray for wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Blessings. Joseph Vella.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNFORGIVENESS VERSES FORGIVENESS

SALVATION PRAYER 2

GO AND WASH